Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Day 50 - Yahoo! Tiehacker Mountian

My  final hike of the challenge is done! I did it! I did it! I did it! And what a challenge it has been. Amazingly, after 33 days of consecutive rain early on, it was sunny for my birthday. So Letty and I with the dogs headed up Tiehacker Mountain - a steep but rewarding hike on another Seward area hidden trail. We actually didn't go to the top due to knee problems and overexertion from the past fifty days of hikes. I slipped on the way up and my knee was really sensitive afterwards. We were also a little worried about the dogs on the final steep rocky face. I was also worried about going down when my knee was hurting already going up. But as it turned out, it wasn't too bad especially once we got to the tundra. It was slick so it worked to just sit down and slide - not quite as good as snow but enough to save the knees. All in all it was a wonderful hike - gorgeous day, great company and an excellent adventure.

Bear Glacier from Tiehacker Mt.
Do I look 50 years old?


1 comment:

  1. Congratulations Marylynn! Loved the descriptions and photos. I am inspired by your reflections and observations on life. Please keep up the blog or let it morph into something else... 1000 hikes until i'm 100 perhaps? its been fun to read. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

    ReplyDelete