Thursday, July 22, 2010

Day 2 - July 22,2010 - Dale Clemen's Cabin


Today was a typical busy day in our household with visitors from Fairbanks, a graduation party for my oldest daughter and packing for the backpack trip tomorrow. Plans kept changing and time kept ticking as I anxiously thought, "This is only the second day and already I'm going to blow the challenge!" But - my husband and I quickly dashed out the door to the nearby Dale Clemen's Cabin trail, a favorite for berry pickers, snow machiners, runners and my new favorite, sledders. It is actually the winter route from the south trail head of the Lost Lake Trail. The route is fairly steep in the old growth but wide due to snow machines in the winter and winds for about 2 miles with great views of Seward and Resurrection Bay once above tree line. Unfortunately we forgot a camera so instead I have posted an Alaska State Parks and Recreation photo. I figure I'll walk the trail from the Primrose side later on and repost pictures of the view.
Tomorrow we head to Upper Russian Lake and down the Resurrection Trail with backpacks - next post will be on Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment