Thursday, July 29, 2010

Day 9 - Devil's Pass Trail


I had scheduled, six months prior, cabins to use on the Resurrection Pass all the way to Hope. Instead of going to Hope though, I went down Devil's Pass with the family to the car. The girls all had commitments and work while several of the other people that would have gone had last minute injuries or scheduling problems. We did meet a guy hiking alone that was very excited to use the cabins for me so it all worked out in the end.

Devil's Pass Trail is a10 mile long gentle trail out of the mountains following Devil's Creek. It's a popular trail with mountain bikers and we saw several people we know biking through. We followed some really large bear paw prints from the top section which was spooky. The tracks stopped in an orchard of alder bushes off to the side of the trail. I think that big brownie was probably watching us as we quickly went by. The trail actually is deceivingly long feeling because it goes down but then takes several miles to climb back up to the parking lot. It feels like the trail should end but instead continues.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so jealous of your challenge! I have any vacation days used up from fishing and now with my family coming in... but after August I'd love to join you for a hike or two. I was delighted the girls stopped in for pancakes on thier way home. A treat to visit with them. Catie

    ReplyDelete
  2. All the places you've been so far are beautiful! So green and full of flowers...and NOTHING like any hiking we've done.

    ReplyDelete