Sunday, August 1, 2010

Day 12 - North Face Trail at Alyeska Resort

Photo from Alyeska Resort Web Page
Today is I began a teacher training seminar at Alyeska resort. Ironically, the training is about getting students outside so that they learn about their environment in an intimate manner. Perfect for a hiker like me. The avenue that we are using is linking education to the National Historic Iditarod Trail which starts in Seward and continues to Nome. The model is based on programs via the Appalachian Trail and is in coordination with multitudes of partners, like the Park Service, BLM, DNR and National Geographic. It is the coolest idea that I've heard or seen, and I am so excited share. For more information google - iTREC.

As for my hike, I hoofed it to the top of Alyeska Resort via the North Face Trail. It is steep but fast and the best part is you can ride the tram back down for free. My knees love the tram! I only had an hour and a half between training sessions so it was a perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment