Monday, August 30, 2010

Day 41 - Afognak Beach

Afognak Beach Walk

Only nine days left to hike! It's getting tougher now because I just started coaching elementary running club so my time is limited for after school outings. Afognak Beach is a place my students taught me about. It is at the head of the Bay and circles around to a cool picnic spot in the bite of a cliff and then around to a point. There is a little Indian trail above the point that goes back into the woods and towards the road. I think it was probably made by fishermen dodging the parking fee at McDonald's spit. Regardless it is a nice little hike on a beautiful sunny day.

1 comment:

  1. cool! the thought of taking a hike like this right after school on a hot day is so refreshing...your entries are like a light rain shower,great!

    ReplyDelete