Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Day 42 - Resurrection River Trail

Resurrection River
This has been the first day that I've actually hiked by myself; well other than Pita, the dog. It was a beautiful day in Seward with warm temperatures and sunshine. Most my friends had already headed out the door by the time I finished with running club coaching. So Pita and I went down another Seward local favorite trail, Resurrection River Trail. It actually connects with Upper Russian Lakes where I started my 50 hike challenge but the trail is very bushy with lots of bears and creek crossings. It was my intention to hike all the way through but family obligations ..... So instead I did an out and back for several hours with the dog. And what an evening - just perfectly still and warm. Gorgeous!

No comments:

Post a Comment