Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Day 21 - Box Canyon

Today started pretty slowly, after such a wet, cold, emotional trip out in the bay. At the last minute I went along with the Swanson's to Goat Mt. - a non-maintained or publicized trail used by goat hunters. The problem was that we had to cross a rushing creek with little wading booties. After the first person went and looked pretty tipsy, the females in the group turned around - myself included. I had a dentist appointment and wanted to be sure to have a ride back to town. The guys went on to what is probably a cool place which I'll attempt when the creek is lower and I have extra clothes and shoes in my bag. Should be an awesome trail once the fall colors start.
Instead us gals went up Box Canyon - another gravelly, river walk but without the big crossings and not nearly as long 2 hours max. As we were coming out it started raining and I felt that I'd been wet enough this past weekend to last a lifetime so turning around out of Goat was a good idea. Box Canyon is a nice hike, although it's better in the winter on skis when you can get right up to the Lost Creek Falls. I sure wish the weather would get better so that I can go on some longer, mountain top-type hikes.

No comments:

Post a Comment